- Hout Bay >> http://theworldofpostcards.blogspot.com/2014/10/HOUTBAY.html
- Muizenberg >> http://theworldofpostcards.blogspot.com/2014/11/MUIZENBERG.html
- Bloubergstrand >> http://theworldofpostcards.blogspot.com/2014/11/BLOUBERGSTRAND.html
Cape Town's Beaches. The fun of surf, sand and sun together with magnificent scenery on a picturesque shoreline
- Sandy Bay - Well-known unofficial nudist beach. The beach is backed by steep sand dunes and bushy mountain slopes. Poorly protected from the south-easter wind, Sandy Bay has no access roads, shops or facilities.
- St. James - Named after the first church built here, in 1874, this is a charming village, with beautiful holiday houses, residences and a small, sheltered beach and a large tidal pool ideal for toddlers. Characterised by its parade of brightly coloured bathing boxes.
- Clifton - Four sheltered beaches seperated by enormous granite boulders. Cold for swimming, but noted for bikini-clad sun-bathers. Many houses are built on stilts or on overhanging cliffs. The area between the sea and Victoria Road is a scenic and botanic reserve. Cape Town's most glamorous beach packed in season with consequent parking problems.
Received from Lynne, Cape Town