PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS, VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
Construction of the current Parliament Buildings started in 1893 and they were officially opened on February 10, 1898. The style of the Parliament Buildings has been described as ‘free classical’ and ‘Romanesque.’ The roof is capped by 33 copper domes of different sizes. On top of the central dome, stands a gold plated, two-metre tall statue of Captain George Vancouver. Each night, the buildings are illuminated by more than 3500 energy-efficient light bulbs.
To visit the Parliament Buildings, go to Parliamentary Tour Office
Postcrossing postcard received from Katie