- State Capital - Tallahassee
- Largest City - Jacksonville
- State Nickname - The Sunshine State
- Florida is the fourth most populous state in the USA, after California, New York and Texas.
- Origin of the Name Florida - Florida was first seen by the Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon on Palm Sunday on April 2, 1513 - he then named the "Pascua de Florida," meaning "Feast of Flowers" and claimed it for Spain.
- Major Industries - tourism, agriculture (oranges, grapefruit, tomatos), electronics
Spring Training in south and central Florida. Let's play ball!
Postcard of one of many Florida beaches. The best beaches are along the Atlantic, where the water, as blue and pure as on the front, travels as far as the eye can see, kissing the sky where the horizon lies. The white, hot crispy sand squishes beneath your feet and between your toes as the sun warry your cheeks and salty ocean breeze tickles your face.
Peaceful picturesque beaches line Florida's coast